Complaint Details

iYogi Active Response Team replied,
0 users gave a thumbs-up to this complaint

Hello Kevin, we have resolved your complaint on 2nd Feb 2012. If you have any further inquiries please write an email to iYogiCare@iyogi.com. Thanks. Active Response Team. iYogi

 

 

Submitted by ART, 2 years ago
Is iyogi real or is it just a scam or something?
3 users gave a thumbs-up to this complaint

i contacted iyogi and they toldd me that they were gonna charge me $169.99 for a whole year and they said my compute was at high risk and also they got control of m coputer. i dont know if their real or not please help me



Submitted by Nahum, 3 years ago

Comments for this complaint

 

 

Submitted by : iYogi | Posted 3 years ago

Dear Nahum,

iYogi is an independent provider of technical support and provides support for all makes and models of PCs, Windows Operating Systems, and connected devices.

iYogi has over 400,000 subscribers and provides the best customer satisfaction and issue resolution rates in the industry.

If you'd like to know more about the diagnostic and/or troubleshooting actions performed on your system, you can send an e-mail to iYogiCare@iYogi.com. Please do provide your full name and customer account ID, and we will be able to tell you exactly what actions were taken and why they were taken.

Regards,
iYogi
Source(s):
http://www.iyogi.net/

Submitted by : Dirty Harry | Posted 3 years ago

There are lots of scams that have infested the Internet these days. One has to be very careful while surfing the web. Is there any such thing as an iYogi scam? I vaguely remember reading about something of the sort a while ago?

Submitted by : Conrad_666 | Posted 3 years ago

I'm not so sure about this. One of my friends had told me about something like an iYogi scam; I did some research on the Internet but found it to be a load of crap. It is a technical support firm located in the suburbs of Delhi, if I'm not mistaken. They repair all sorts of issues on your computers.

Submitted by : Darth Vader_007 | Posted 3 years ago

I think you bunch of guys should quit worrying. There is no such thing as an iYogi scam. I had taken help from this company when my system began to show signs of a virus infection. They managed to troubleshoot the issue in a professional manner-in fact I ended up buying their one year subscription.

Submitted by : Dean | Posted 3 years ago

Well said. I don't understand all this about an iYogi scam. Let me tell you about my experience. My new system developed the notorious blue screen error within 3 months of purchase. All my business work came to a standstill. I searched for a solution to the problem when I learnt about this remote tech support firm located somewhere in India. At first I was hesitant to take help from these guys sitting thousands of miles away. But after a chat with one of their executives I decided to enlist their services. I have never regretted it. After one session my system became as good as new. Trust me-all this talk about an iYogi scam is so much poppycock!

Submitted by : Sean 'the Slayer' | Posted 3 years ago

What iYogi does is provide technical support services for people who have problems with their systems. I don't believe I've ever heard of an iYogi scam. I have subscribed to this firm and am quite happy with their services. The only drawback is they do not provide support for Apple products. So there-you've been warned!

Submitted by : Dippy | Posted 3 years ago

What's all this about an iYogi scam? I know there are lots of scams on the Internet but I've never heard of iYogi scam before. What's this-some new ruse to rip people off or what? Sounds really scary. Does anyone have any answers?

Submitted by : PeterM | Posted 2 years ago

For all those wondering about iYogi scam, better read what I have to say. I run a small firm that employs 30 people. Of course we have computers for all our staff. One day some of my systems came down with viruses. I called iYogi and explained my predicament. The guy on the other end of the line took remote control of my systems and within an hour all my systems began working as well as before. I have personally never experienced any issues with iYogi, so find it baffling whenever I read about iYogi scam. It doesn't exist, I'm tellin? ya!

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Thank you PeterM for sharing your experience

Submitted by : Goliath | Posted 2 years ago

I think in life you have to take the good with the bad. Let me make myself clear-there is no such thing as an iYogi scam. I had developed a problem with my laptop's screen and called iYogi technical support for help. It was hard to understand what the technician was saying with his queer Indian accent but the upshot was we managed to resolve the issue. I'd advise people to give the company a chance at least.

Submitted by : tonym | Posted 2 years ago

I had once subscribed to iYogi-a one-year subscription to resolve any issues on my system. One day my computer suffered a hardware malfunction and I duly called them up to fix the issue. I was rather taken aback to discover they do not provide any support for resolving hardware malfunction. My experience suggests that though the so-called iYogi scam does not exist, it would be a great thing if the company begins providing support for hardware issues as well.

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Goliath wrote:
I think in life you have to take the good with the bad. Let me make myself clear-there is no such thing as an iYogi scam. I had developed a problem with my laptop's screen and called iYogi technical support for help. It was hard to understand what the technician was saying with his queer Indian accent but the upshot was we managed to resolve the issue. I'd advise people to give the company a chance at least.



Good to know that your issue was resolved

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

tonym wrote:
I had once subscribed to iYogi-a one-year subscription to resolve any issues on my system. One day my computer suffered a hardware malfunction and I duly called them up to fix the issue. I was rather taken aback to discover they do not provide any support for resolving hardware malfunction. My experience suggests that though the so-called iYogi scam does not exist, it would be a great thing if the company begins providing support for hardware issues as well.


Thank you for sharing your experience Tonym, at least by reading your post other people would get to know that iYogi does not support hardware related issues.

Submitted by : Reggie T | Posted 2 years ago

Right said! I am a subscriber to iYogi technical support and have never had any problems with them. Sure, the tech support guy can be a bit hard to understand at times-what with that funny Indian accent-but I can vouch for the fact that iYogi scam does not exist. Wonder who made that up?

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Reggie T wrote:
Right said! I am a subscriber to iYogi technical support and have never had any problems with them. Sure, the tech support guy can be a bit hard to understand at times-what with that funny Indian accent-but I can vouch for the fact that iYogi scam does not exist. Wonder who made that up?


We sure have some happy iYogi customers here Thanx for sharing the info Reggie.

Submitted by : Tessa | Posted 2 years ago

I confess I've never heard about iYogi scam. I agree with Goliath's views-sometimes it's hard to make out what the technician is trying to say-I had once called them up to resolve an issue with my system-the issue was resolved but only after a bit of misunderstanding about what exactly I wanted!

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Tessa wrote:
I confess I've never heard about iYogi scam. I agree with Goliath's views-sometimes it's hard to make out what the technician is trying to say-I had once called them up to resolve an issue with my system-the issue was resolved but only after a bit of misunderstanding about what exactly I wanted!



Hi Tessa,

It's good that more and more people are sharing their experience about iYogi.

Submitted by : Donl | Posted 2 years ago

Why is that iYogi does not provide support for [Name removed as per policy] computers? I developed an issue with my [Name removed as per policy] system and called them up to resolve the issue. The technician politely explained that they do not have support for [Name removed as per policy] systems. Though I’ve never come across iYogi scam, I wish iYogi includes [Name removed as per policy] systems in its ambit of services.

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Donl wrote:
Why is that iYogi does not provide support for [Name removed as per policy] computers? I developed an issue with my [Name removed as per policy] system and called them up to resolve the issue. The technician politely explained that they do not have support for [Name removed as per policy] systems. Though I’ve never come across iYogi scam, I wish iYogi includes [Name removed as per policy] systems in its ambit of services.



Hi Donl, you never know, they might include that in future.

Submitted by : Matt Gruber | Posted 2 years ago

I just read that iYogi is growing by leaps and bounds. It aims to be the top provider of remote tech services within a couple of years. For a company this ambitious it's baffling to note that it does not support hardware troubleshooting. I had developed a hardware problem with my computer and called up iYogi but the technician said they don?t deal with hardware issues! A real surprise!

Submitted by : Peter | Posted 2 years ago

Matt Gruber wrote:
I just read that iYogi is growing by leaps and bounds. It aims to be the top provider of remote tech services within a couple of years. For a company this ambitious it's baffling to note that it does not support hardware troubleshooting. I had developed a hardware problem with my computer and called up iYogi but the technician said they don't deal with hardware issues! A real surprise!



Hi Matt, as of now they do not support hardware issues, although they might include that in near future. Thanx for posting your comment.

Submitted by : Kev156 | Posted 2 years ago

I signed up for 12 months with iyogi. My computer is about 4 years old and they told me my computer would run like new once they had gone through it. To be honest, its not much faster and one program they used was a free download from another site.The problem I get now is they phone me every week trying to sell a new programs to make it faster. Save your money, don't do what I did by paying for this service.

Submitted by : Kev156 | Posted 2 years ago

I do see a lot of good comments about them, but I can only assume that they work for iYogi.

Submitted by : Kev156 | Posted 2 years ago

oh, one more thing. I did find that about two days after signing up with iyogi that I had a $6000 fraud charge on my credit card. Now I am not sure if this is linked to them, but the only time I used my credit card in months was to buy this product.

Submitted by : itsme | Posted 2 years ago

Something doesn't smell quite right. An 83 year old aquaintance of mine signed up with them in late January. $370, then 3 days later $120 - no idea yet what exactly for as yet. Since then, his Yahoo email return address has been changed so people replying to emails aren't getting back to him (that'd be enough to make you think you had a virus or something don't you think???) I'm doing some research for him because he got the following recently (it's late February):

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE WARRANTY REGISTRATION HAS EXPIRED AS WE HAD TOLD YOU IN THE TELEPHONIC CONVERSATION WITH THE TECHNICIAN'S WE APPRECIATE THE EARLIER PAYMENT YOU HAD MADE BUT THAT WAS FOR ONLINE INFECTIONS AND THE SERVICE REGISTRATION OF YOUR COMPUTER AND THE PLAN WHICH YOU NEED TO REGISTER IS FOR THE SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE REGISTRATION FOR YOUR BOTH COMPUTERS AND THIS IS THE LAST PAYMENT FOR YOUR COMPUTERS SERVICE REGISTRATION FOR THE SOFTWARE WHICH IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

His understanding was that he was paid up until 2014. The person sending the email knew all his details and was using a gmail account. Still looking into it all, but my gut instinct is that iyogi might be growing too fast and should do better background checks on their mighty army of 'technicians'.

Submitted by : Joe | Posted 2 years ago

Iyogi is a scam building Machine . Way they do marketing is very questionable> they use Search Engine marketing by paying hefty amount to google. people call them thinking they are dell , Hp or Microsoft. etc. etc and end up paying Money. which is bad . so Consumers start reading what you see dont just call up numbers . Always contact your system manufacturer First or Microsoft

Submitted by : Omar Zarir | Posted 2 years ago

iyogi make people fool

Get your complaint resolved

Submit your complaint now. It may help you get your problem resolved. Getting a swift resolution to your problem is just a click away.

Similar Complaints

Katherine LoRusso

Submitted this, 3 years ago
Microsoft outsources it's tech support;IYogi is in India;I should've suspected; on 05/13/2011
Melissa

Submitted this, 2 years ago
My seventy six year old mother, agreed to purchase a one year subscription to I on 10/05/2011
alexandra

Submitted this, 2 years ago
i should not have to pay for this service. i have a mac computer and you don't s on 10/08/2011