Complaint Details

iYogi Active Response Team replied,
0 users gave a thumbs-up to this complaint

Hello Robert, Thanks for the message we take feedback very seriously as it helps in our endeavor to continuously improve our services. We request you to write an email with complete details to iYogiCare@iyogi.com. Thanks. Active Response Team. iYogi

Submitted by ART, 3 years ago
Bad experience with Iyogi.com
0 users gave a thumbs-up to this complaint

I just had a bad experience with Iyogi, having been steered there by Avast's website. After declining Iyogi's subscription services, they offered to have a technician work on my system to remove a suspected virus. He loaded MalwareBytes, ran a quick scan which did not find any malware. Then he began going through the user directories deleting desktop.ini files, no big deal, but he also deleted boot.ini and io.sys from the root. Then he tells me to reboot. I chat back, asking if the pc is expected to boot after deleting the boot.ini. He responds that yes, it will, that it is one of the commonly infected files. Hey, boot.ini is clear text -- we could have opened it in Notepad and seen if there was any problem with it! So I let him proceed with the reboot and get stopped when XP can't find hal. Oh well, I was about ready to reformat that hard drive and reinstall anyway. So, I won't be recommending Iyogi, and I will now stop recommending Avast since they sent me there. Any opinions on the best AV software these days?

Submitted by Lee V, 3 years ago

Comments for this complaint

Submitted by : Lee V | Posted 3 years ago

Iyogi called me back today and spent all the time needed to correct my remaining problems with the Avast antivirus software, and ran a "tune-up", which involves deleting temp files, prefetch files, etc. The manager who helped me was very kind and aplogetic that I had had a previous negative experience. They absolutely put forth the effort to make good and resolve my outstanding issues and restore my faith in Iyogi support.Good karma

Submitted by : Lee V | Posted 3 years ago

Iyogi called me back today and spent all the time necessary to resolve my outstanding issues. The manager who helped me was very kind and apologetic that I had had a previous negative experience. The absolutely put forth the effort to correct my outstanding issues and restore my confidence in their support. Good karma

http://www.sitejabber.com/users/leev1

Get your complaint resolved

Submit your complaint now. It may help you get your problem resolved. Getting a swift resolution to your problem is just a click away.

Similar Complaints

Grodriguez

Submitted this, 3 years ago
IYogi is unethical, cheaters, no customer service and they do not provide the se on 05/13/2011
likeitOrNot_ImSayinIt

Submitted this, 3 years ago
I don't know WTF iYogi did, but now all of the sudden eerything on my explorer j on 05/13/2011
ironwerker

Submitted this, 2 years ago
I have had 3 separate occasions to call IYOGI..and each time I have spent over 3 on 10/07/2011

´╗┐